Dashboard: Map Default Map Layers Visibility Setting

05-09-2021 01:14 PM
rsun_TQB
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I agree that many settings can be set on web map itself to achieve this goal, or I can simply created two maps for different layer. My example is that our field crew will use a Filed Maps using one web map called "MH Rating Map", and they will finish all the condition and performance ratings of both sanitary and storm drainage manholes. (two separated layers). 

rsun_TQB_2-1620591159036.png

I also agree that I can create a new web map called "Sanitary MH Rating Map"  and "Storm Drainage MH Raring Map" for two different dashboards. However, in my opinion, if the map configuration of the Dashboard allowing me to set up which layers will be visible by default on specific dashboard. Then, I will only need one map for multiple dashboards developments. The end users can definitely turn on/off the layers they don't need on the dashboard, but it will be extra steps for them to change the visibility of each layer every time visiting the same dashboard.

rsun_TQB_0-1620590857412.png

rsun_TQB_1-1620591022539.png

Cordially,

Reno

1 Comment
IntinibawBogari

I am looking to get this layer visibility set from within Dashboard as well. I have multiple map views in a dashboard, that I would prefer to have coming from 1 web map, rather than each having their own web map at the moment. This is due to the fact I need each view in the dashboard to have various layers defaulted on/off, and this is best set from the web map at the moment.

If we can have the Dashboard allow for control of layer visibility, or to over rule the layer visibility that is set from a web map, that would be great. It would allow for reducing web maps for the sake of turning on/off layers at the onset.