Create a barchart from a related table in Operations Dashboard

11-06-2014 05:40 AM
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III
Currently I cannot create widgets using a data from a related table.
Please support related tables as I'm sure many organisations use relational databases for managing data.

Rachel  
7 Comments
Andrewwilhelm1

I am also needing this function. Has anyone developed a custom widget that I can test in Operation Dashboard Dev. Mode?

Henry_Todd

Most of our point data is one table and the metrics are in other table and we can't build reports that enable us to filter the layer and have our bar charts, etc update to match the filtered records.

AnninaHirschi_Wyss1

This is possible with the online Operations Dashboard app.

Guidovan_der_Kolk2

What isn’t possible is selecting a feature on the map and having the chart show up with the related data for that feature. It’s such a basic feature and it’s been asked for for years, it’s kind of baffling it still isn’t implemented.

patrickb
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@Guidovan_der_Kolk2  Not all workflows pertaining to related data are implmented in ArcGIS Dashboards, but I do believe selecting a feature on the map and having a chart show the related data is possible by configuring layer actions on a dashboard's map elements. That is, when a layer's selection changes, it can filter another dashboard element (e.g. chart).  Here is a Support article that also describes what the product facilitates.

Please let us know if you have requirements that go beyond what we already have, and we can evaluate whether they pertain to this idea (on another/similar one from our backlog).  

JuliaBalakirova1

This definitely needs to be implemented better.  If people are collecting data in the field into a stand-alone table that is related to a geometry holding feature layer that only holds locations, then it would be nice to be able to perform analysis on the collected data.

In any case, does ESRI ever take our recommendations into consideration?

patrickb
Status changed to: Closed

Closing, as the original ask/idea is already offered. If there are more details provided or workflows to be considered, they can/should be submitted as a separate idea. Please note that there are other ideas already submitted to the community that discuss other/additional related data workflows in Dashboards (and can be voted on to increase their visibility).