Allow Operations Dashboard URL parameter to SELECT (not filter)

01-06-2020 05:30 AM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Currently, the URL parameter in Operations Dashboard will filter the category selector. When I pass param=City of Saline, I get:

This renders the dashboard mostly useless. Users cannot navigate between the rest of the municipalities themselves.

Please also allow the option to simply select that choice instead of filtering out all the rest so it would look more like this with the rest of the choices still there:

Original Post: can Dashboard URL parameter select (not filter) category selector? 

19 Comments
JoeBryant1

This would be soooooo much more useful. I would up-vote twice if I could!

MarshallStevenson__SHA_

Need this right now!  Was looking for a way to make this happen in a dashboard at launch.  As a way around this I might just launch on a empty record that takes everything to a status zero overview page look and feel.

CRose
by

This would be much more useful to my use cases. I want the URL parameter to link someone to a filtered view, but I also need my users to be able to clear that, using the selector, to view all points. 

NeilWebber

Any news on whether this is being looked at ESRI? The way it works currently seems slightly bizarre and counter-intuitive, and I can't even see what the use-case for it might be. It seems much more useful to be able to apply a selection via a URL parameter than to filter the selector itself. A big up-vote from me. 

CourtneyDunn

This would definitely be really useful - even if you could just set the selector to a default (kind of like the buttons) - but just inserting it into the URL for different locations where you will be placing the URL would be very useful.

EmilyBurridge

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. My public crime map dashboard has selectors for municipalities in my province, so people can scoot around and see what’s going on everywhere. We get a lot if good will from the province, cities and towns when we provide « custom » mapping apps, but I do NOT want to maintain 250 apps, each with a different default in the selector....being able to use URL parameters to select instead of filter would make this SO easy.

timothyckelleher

This needs to be upvoted! 

DParry_EC

I have numerous clients that are looking for a Filter and Select function in dashboards. Please push up the list to-do! 

CCRC_Mapping

Having the ability to set a URL Configuration for a "Select" action would be really helpful.

I would like to upvote this.

HayleyDill

I would also love this functionality. And also something similar for web map apps.