Ability to order the legend items in Operations Dashboard.

04-15-2020 08:40 AM
JoannaEllis
New Contributor II

Currently cannot order the items in the legend of charts with split by field / stacked data - this means dashboards with related tables look messy and it makes data harder to understand from a user perspective. 

7 Comments
RandyMcGregor1

This  is really quite necessary. Some of my dashboards have fairly long legends (unavoidable - long story) and finding what color goes with what can be a chore.

MikeKellison1

Even for smaller legends this would be ideal. I have six items ranging from Very Poor to Very Good, but I can't order them correctly, so it just looks sloppy.

GeorgeBrown1

We are also having this issue when it comes to bar charts and wanting to show the years as 2019 2020 2021, yet the DB will randomly show the dates for certain bar charts as, for example, 2019 2021 2020.

patrickb
Status changed to: In Product Plan

This is something we hope to make progress on.  In the meantime, custom sorting can often be achieved via a data expression (currently available in ArcGIS Online). The basic idea is that the data expression creates a feature set with things in the desired order. 

patrickb
Status changed to: Implemented

Improved sorting was added to serial charts as part of the March 2022 release of ArcGIS Dashboards. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/reference/whats-new.htm

CarolineBlack29

Same legend sorting capability would be useful in pie charts please!

DanielLeónPacheco

It is something that is really very necessary to be able to establish an order, that is to say, that we can customize our categories. I think adding it to the user interface would be the best or allow to work with arcade.