Iowa DOT Winter Operations Dashboard

11-26-2018 09:17 AM
DerekLaw
Community Moderator
6 6 3,257

The State of Iowa Dept of Transportation just deployed an awesome Winter Operations Dashboard built on Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. It displays real-time weather and snowplow status, camera feeds at certain traffic locations, and historic resource usage.

Iowa DOT Winter Operations Dashboard

Enjoy,

6 Comments
BillSchlatter
New Contributor III

Am I correct in parsing that as a dashboard containing five other embedded dashboards?  That's a pretty cool way to fit more information into a single URL.  It would be nice if there were a way to sort and organize tabs and panes that way with a single dashboard.  

deleted-user-UxcAu2PHrDQp
Occasional Contributor

Here are links to our beta dashboards (first is the same as Derek posted, second is a new one).  We may be having some permission issues this morning (11/30) but will have those resolved before lunch.  If you get asked for credentials, stop back.

Material usage, road condition information and other goodies

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

Plow image viewer

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

Would also like feedback, we have a storm starting 12/1 with up to 10 inches of snow so it will be a good way for you to see the dashboard in action.

DavidRunneals2
Occasional Contributor

Yup! I have found creating information products is all about packaging! Same thoughts exactly about being able to do this within 1 ops dashboard, but I feel like it would require more development on their part to create a "book/page" functionality, so you can more quickly do this with multiple dashboards! I had previously done something like this where I packaged story maps inside a story map. Also I did it this way so we could share 1 URL out and keep improving and adding new functionality and not having to keep sending out more URLS to help speed up the innovation process.

deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

I'm working on a similar dashboard set-up. I'm curious, how you were able to use multiple tabs without grouping all the elements together in each tab? 

DavidRunneals2
Occasional Contributor

Hi James, each tab is a separate dashboard, and then we created another dashboard that has each of the dashboards embedded in it and switchable as a tab. Does that help?

deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

Yea that helps, I'll look into that as a solution. Thanks!

About the Author
Product Manager - Apps; Twitter: @GIS_Bandit