Dashboard Serial Chart, is there a way to invert the axis? I've river data that I want to show high and low water.

11-02-2020 09:44 AM
New Contributor III

I want to show river data, high water is at about 500mm, low water anything beyond 3000mm. Is there a way to show this data by inverting the axis in arcgis dashboard serial charts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure what you are describing. Do you mean you want '0' to be at the top of the value axis and the numbers decrease from the top or are you trying to swap the x and y axis?

If you could send a screenshot of the end result you are looking for (maybe mock it up in excel or find and image online) that would be very helpful in answering your question.

New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.RiverLevel

So, as you can see, high river levels are reported when the distance from the sensor is low (in millimetres), then opposite for low water levels. 

The sensor data is pushed to our instance, so no post-processing. I'm just wondering if there's a way to flip the axis ? I'm ok reading the graph as it is, but this is for a community & school to use, so wanted things to be as clear and accessible as possible.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Jonathan,

Doesn't look like there is a way to reverse the Y axis, either in Dashboard or in Dashboard Beta.  I suggest you create an Idea for this, I'd certainly vote for it!  

Bernie Szukalski

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I thought a bit more about this problem of yours and ran it by a coworker. We came up with a possible workaround.

I know you mentioned that the sensor measurements are coming in without post-processing...but if you did do some data manipulation, you might be able to get a chart that more closely matches what you are looking for. The idea would be to come up with High/Low water being in terms of positive and negative values. Once you've done that, you would be able to create a chart something like the one I've mocked up below. 

JohnSolly4_0-1606176271999.jpeg

0 Kudos