Arcade expressions undefined in Details

04-27-2020 06:40 AM
New Contributor III

The Arcade expressions in my Web Map popups show as 'undefined' in the Details card.

They show fine in the popup of the Web Map within the Dashboard.

Are they not supported in the Details cards? The posts I have seen said that they were.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esri Contributor

If you are seeing it in the popup, but not in the Details element, this is most likely a bug. We actually supported Arcade fields in the details element in production ArcGIS Dashboards (Not the beta)

Can you confirm that this IS working in ArcGIS Dashboards ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I just tried it and it doesn't work in the production ArcGIS Dashboards. The popup works, but the Details are just blank where there are supposed to be Arcade expression results.

Does it support FeatureSets? Because these expresssions use FeatureSetByName and FeatureSetByID to do some spatial querying (Intersect and Contains) that return counts and lists.

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

Any chance you could share your arcade expression with us? We do have an issue where the details element will not display an attribute expression that uses the Area( ) function.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

No problem. I also noticed that when when using a Dashboard Action to open the popup it doesn't show the Arcade expression results, only if you manually click on the map in the Dashboard. 

Here are a couple that are not working:

// provide count of cell sector points in PSAP 
var fs = FeatureSetByName($map, "Cell Sector Origins");
var cellsectororigin = Intersects(fs, $feature);
var countsites = Count(cellsectororigin);
var results = countsites + " Cell Sectors originate in this PSAP Coverage Area."
return results

//count of sectors fully contained by this feature
var containsLayer = Contains($feature,FeatureSetByName($map, "Cell Sectors"))
var sectorCount = Count(containsLayer)
var results = sectorCount + " Cell Sectors are wholly within this PSAP Coverage Area"
return results

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Similarly to the Original Poster, adding a Details widget to my Dashboard (beta) shows an empty display.  The number of records and the arrows to move forward/backward are present, but the details are missing. 

And I've added no Arcade scripts.

I assumed it was an as yet uncorrected feature of the beta version.

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

We are looking into this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Edit - 6/15/20

We are aware of the issue. I suspect this is a limitation with using FeatureSets in the arcade expression. Sometimes values are returned as 'undefined' in the details element even though they are showing correctly in the popup.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Has there been any update on this? The beta dashboard popups seem to be handling the formatting like line breaks better than the regular ones but are still reporting undefined for attribute expressions.

0 Kudos
Esri Contributor

Hey Timothy Woodfield‌!

This is fixed in our internal development build and will be available when the beta is released again (Date TBD). Thanks for following up about this one.

- John

0 Kudos