where can I find the Trees Style?

Jump to solution
05-07-2019 06:03 AM
GinoVan_Nauw
New Contributor

Helloo

I look for a way to brighten up a project with trees and shrubbery.

Can someone please point me into the direction of where i can find the appropriate style(s)

B rgds

Gino

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GlennHeeres1
Esri Contributor

Hello Gino,

If you have 2D data, which you want to style with 3D symbols you can use the ArcGIS Pro 3D library. Go to the Symbology tab and change the symbol. Now you can search for symbols, but it is very important to change the style library from 'Project styles' to 'All styles' in the dropdown window right of the search box. Please see the screenshot below for more details.

Next, you can search for different tree species in English or just 'tree'. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Glenn

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GlennHeeres1
Esri Contributor

Hello Gino,

If you have 2D data, which you want to style with 3D symbols you can use the ArcGIS Pro 3D library. Go to the Symbology tab and change the symbol. Now you can search for symbols, but it is very important to change the style library from 'Project styles' to 'All styles' in the dropdown window right of the search box. Please see the screenshot below for more details.

Next, you can search for different tree species in English or just 'tree'. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Glenn

GinoVan_Nauw
New Contributor

hello there

I was indeed looking for something similar. The vegetation / thematic vegetation would do the trick I guess.

but this is apparently not something I can use in Arcmap 10.5 ?? (or can I)

B rgds

Gino

0 Kudos
Ellenvan_den_Berg
Esri Contributor

Hello Gino,

It's also possible to use this symbology in ArcMap by clicking on the symbol and searching for trees. Several options for 3D Trees will be displayed.

Kind regards,

Ellen

Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor

I also have this question, but want 2D symbols, not the 3d symbology.  Please help.

AndrewWallick
Occasional Contributor

In case you still have this question, or others searching are curious, I was able to download several different styles from Esri's styles page:

https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html

John Nelson also has a bunch of pretty unique and interesting styles:

https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/gallery.html?view=grid&sortOrder=desc&sortField=relevance&s...

0 Kudos