Pulling Latest ObjectID for Attribute Actions

04-23-2020 03:00 AM
BrittanyZucchetto
New Contributor

I am creating a web application using WebAppBuilder through ArcGIS Enterprise, and am trying to leverage the Attribute Actions through the Smart Editor widget. I'd like for the user to be able to draw in a road detour, and based off the buffer set in the Attribute Actions, auto-populate the fields from the intersected road closure.

However, when I draw in the detour route, it pulls the information from an inactive closure (highlighted in red), which is not the information that goes with the associated detour (we would like the information from the pink road closure).

When I researched the tool, the help stated:

If the edited feature intersects multiple values, the record will be sorted by object ID, and the first object will be used.

Is there any way to sort descending, as I'd like the detour to read the latest Object ID. We do not have access to Developer, but am confident with editing through ArcGIS Online Assistant.

arcgis online webapp builder‌ arcgis - enterprise‌ smart editor 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Brittany Zucchetto

Can you filter out the inactive closure so the new detour does not overlap it?

0 Kudos
BrittanyZucchetto
New Contributor

I have my inactive status set through an arcade expression, so I cannot filter based on the expression. I have the inactive layer turned off for symbology, but it still pulls that data when I draw the new line.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Brittany Zucchetto

Can you filter out the one that is giving you an issue with using another field and see if it works. 

0 Kudos
BrittanyZucchetto
New Contributor

I've tried filtering based on the end date to now show any closures which end before today. It still pulled the record for the inactive feature.

0 Kudos