Information Lookup Replacement

03-17-2021 10:19 PM
Labels (1)
HannahStaples
New Contributor II

Since the configurable app template, Information Lookup, is retired, I've been attempting to replicate its functionality with no luck. The Feature Info widget in Experience Builder doesn't work because it only allows data from one layer to display and I need data from several layers to display. Is there a solution for displaying popups for multiple layers in a sidebar?

9 Replies
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Hannah,

Have you tried using either the Zone Lookup or Nearby templates? Those two apps might be able to assist with replacing the Information lookup apps. 

Nearby - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9d3f21cfd9b14589968f7e5be91b52c8

Zone Lookup - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8f483bc1de854f7783495ffe96ef1ea8 

0 Kudos
sondickerson
New Contributor III

Those are good suggestions but they don't replicate the search location capability.

• Store the search location in a layer to track where users are clicking or searching in the application.

That's a really great feature of the old information-lookup.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DennyBrooks
New Contributor II

Yes...please bring back the "Information-Lookup" feature!  It is exactly what we are needing for a Customer Service tool!  Thanks

KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Which features of Information Lookup are you looking for? As Sarah pointed out most of the capabilities are available in the Lookup or Nearby apps. 

0 Kudos
sondickerson
New Contributor III

KellyHutchins, thanks for asking. 

•  Popups from several layers not just one.
  • The ability to do a  lookup based on a simple lat long point clicked on the map.
  • Store the search location in a layer to track where users are clicking or searching in the application.
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Options one and two are currently supported in the Zone Lookup and Nearby apps. We are looking into the feasibility of option 3. One question about storing the location. Are you using your own locator? Or the default esri world locator?

0 Kudos
sondickerson
New Contributor III

Kelly - Thanks for the reply.  Its good to know that those 2 instant apps are more functional, I'll have to try them out again.  I didn't try the Nearby app, just the Zone Lookup.

With regard to the storing location functionality, the Information Lookup app allows you to use both, so we set up a layer representing addresses of locations but also use the esri world locator.  Thank you for considering this option, I hope your team is able to find a way to include it.

0 Kudos
RichardCitkowicz
New Contributor III

Has there been any update to the option to save the results of both searching and clicking on the map into a point feature. This functionally was in the Information Lookup tool and is desired in this zone lookup or nearby app? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SarahEason1
New Contributor

I also need the third option to replicate a specific need for my PR team that was previously fulfilled using the Lookup App.  Please encourage the development team to include it   before the old templates are retired. Thanks!

0 Kudos