ArcGIS Online template that can accept a URL parameter to zoom to a feature

Jump to solution
11-19-2014 02:27 PM
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

I'm wondering if there is an ArcGIS Online app that will do a couple of things:

1. I want to display a map with several layers on it that can be turned on and off individually.

2. I want to be able to use links from another webpage to zoom to a feature on the map, so it would have to accept a URL parameter and perform the zoom, and then highlight the feature that it zoomed to.

3. Ability to do a simple address search.

Is there a template that does all of that, or one that almost does all of that?  I started looking through but there are so many templates and they don't necessarily say up front what the capabilities are (ie whether they can do a URL parameter zoom, etc.)

Thanks,

Jackson Trappett

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I know this is an old thread but replying just in case you still need this functionality. There are two templates (Basic Viewer and Map Tools) that allow you to toggle layers and also define a custom url parameter.

To define a custom url param use the configuration option and look for the section that allows you to define a custom url parameter name along with search layer and field.

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 9.48.42 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I know this is an old thread but replying just in case you still need this functionality. There are two templates (Basic Viewer and Map Tools) that allow you to toggle layers and also define a custom url parameter.

To define a custom url param use the configuration option and look for the section that allows you to define a custom url parameter name along with search layer and field.

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 9.48.42 AM.png

JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

Awesome, thank you!

0 Kudos