Operanional Dashboard thought Arcgis Companion

09-06-2018 01:53 AM
FilippoPorfido
New Contributor

Can i open my operational dashboard throught Arcgis Companion?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Yes you can. You will be able to open any item type of "Dashboard" using Companion app.

Please note items such as "Operations Dashboard" or "Operations Dashboard addin" which are older/legacy desktop versions cannot be opened since it requires Desktop version of Operations Dashboard which is not available on mobile devices.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Filippo,

I just wanted to add: if you intend on viewing Dashboard apps (from the web browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS) on smart phones, please be advised that special considerations should be made when designing dashboards for mobile use. They will need to be designed differently than dashboards for viewing in the desktop or tablet.

Strategies & Best Practices for using Dashboards on your Smartphone % 

Hope this helps,

NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

Has this feature been removed, or am I missing something? None of my dashboards can be opened from this app. The options I get are Favorite, Share, and View item details. Hosted feature layers and web maps all have "Open in browser" links, but there's nothing like that for dashboards. All my dashboards were made using the web interface, so they shouldn't be legacy/desktop versions.

nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Companion currently allows only public dashboards to be open in browser. If you are not seeing this option for public items then it is a bug. But I am not sure how to reproduce it. Please confirm.

Thank you.

Nakul

NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

The dashboards I'm trying to access are either shared with just our organization, or not shared with anyone other than myself. We have no public dashboards at this time.

I know I can access my dashboards by skipping the Companion app and just using my browser, but it would be nice to have everything together in one simple interface. Is there any estimate as to when non-public dashboards will be accessible via the Companion app?

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you please log this as an issue with the Esri technical support for us to follow up?

Thank you.

Nakul

0 Kudos