How to share maps/reports from Community Analyst to ArcGIS Online groups? Possible bug?

02-14-2019 01:21 PM
CELGIS
by
New Contributor

I am an admin for a university account and I recently set up some students in a class as members of our organization.  I then assigned them to team groups and assigned them licenses to Community Analyst.  The goal of assigning them to groups was so they could see and edit group members work for a project they are working on.  When the students went to share their CA maps back to their ArcGIS Online groups, however, something strange happened. 

First, the students went to the right side ribbon and found the share to ArcGIS Online button.  They clicked this button and a dialogue window popped up asking where they would like to share it.  The students found their group names and checked the box, but the data was not actually shared to that location.  Rather, the system generated new groups named after the projects titles they had assigned in CA.  This meant we had to go into the content section and find the shared files and then use the check box to assign the content to the correct group and delete the old group.  Even more bizarre, as an admin, I couldn't see the new groups that CA magically created based on project titles.  I figured it might be an issue with the group properties I set up, but the fact that we were able to get the content in there eventually via our work around caused me to dismiss that hypothesis.

So, is there a better workflow for sharing maps/reports with group members?  It seems the process is setup, just possibly a bug that is causing CA/ArcGIS Online to not talk to each other properly.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Joe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies