Why is my basemap not displaying in the Collector app?

06-11-2019 06:32 AM
Kane_Nate
New Contributor

Here is the link to “ADA Curb Ramp Inventory 2019” web map. The base map does not draw on start up in the Collector app.  Users have to mess with it in order to get it to show up...

https://maine.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=58cedec2c59a4a579b0f708877d71b8f

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are you using an ESRI basemap or one of your own.

0 Kudos
Kane_Nate
New Contributor

I'm using a standard ESRI basemap

Thanks,

n

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nate - What version and platform of Collector are you using? Also, which Esri basemap are you using? Your link to the map prompts me to log in, so I'm unable to check which basemap myself.

Esri Education Team
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

What are your visibility settings.   You may have to much going on when initially starting and you need to lower some down.

0 Kudos
NicoleDenecour
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue with a few of my newly made Collector maps. Older ones load the basemap fine, but new ones don't. 

iOS Version 19.0.2

Android Version 18.0.3

It doesn't seem to matter which basemap I save on the web map on AGOL. It will not load  any selected map at startup, but if you click into the other basemap options and pick any of them it will load. 

ThibautDelaere2
New Contributor II

Same issue here with Android 10 (Oxygen OS 10.0.1.GM57AA). Web maps build in my organization do not show the Esri basemap when opened in Collector. If I switch to another Esri basemap, the basemap does load. Switching back to the initial basemap it does not load. It doesn't matter which Esri basemap I set in the web map, the default one does not work in Collector.

Maybe related: When installing the app, I got the message that the app is build for an older version of Android.

In addition I'm not able to download the map in Collector. I got an error saying 'Parameters cannot be null'.

0 Kudos