Why can't I edit attributes in collector

10-01-2019 10:56 AM
DathenStrine1
New Contributor

I can add points to my layer but I'm unable to edit the attributes with the layers. When I make the layers editable in Portal the map will not connect in collector. What am I not checking on to make attributes able to edit.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Dathen, 

Are you able to update attributes for existing records in Portal webmap? What editing capabilities do you have enabled on the feature service used with Collector?  

If you want to editing existing records the feature service would need to have the update capability enabled.

Editor permissions for feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Thanks

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Wade_Adams
New Contributor II

I am having this same issue. The only changes I made were, I added a field to the table in the feature layer and changed the popup title. any Ideas?

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Wade,

What capabilities do you have enabled on the feature service. Are you also attempting to edit the feature layer in a web map. You can check the capabilities of a feature service from the ArcGIS Server REST endpoint.

Example URL:  https://<host>/<site>/rest/services/<folder>/<serviceName>/<serviceType>/<layerNumber>

When viewing a specific layer of the feature service scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You should see a capabilities parameter. For example:

Capabilities: Create,Delete,Extract,Query,Sync,Update,Uploads,Editing

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos