Where do I store tile packages on my Windows 10 device? I can find instructions on where to save on iOS and Android but no luck with WIN 10

03-21-2017 06:36 AM
LynneOuellette
New Contributor II

I am having trouble finding guidance on where to store tile packages on Windows 10 devices.

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

To a folder? http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/map/working-with-arcmap/about-tile-packages.htm or these aren't tpk files or there is some other catch? The picture halfway down.

0 Kudos
LynneOuellette
New Contributor II

I should have been more clear. I am trying to access a .tpk file in Collector on a WIN 10 device. I was told to save the file to this location - c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.Collectorabunchofnumbers\LocalState\BaseMaps

When I download a map in Collector the .tpk  is not available in the Choose Basemap dialog.

I can view the .tpk in ArcMap without issue.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lynne -- Have you added the tpk as a basemap through the Collector app on Windows? Detailed steps are available here: Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Once you have added the tpk as a basemap and have opened the map you want to use it with, you'll be able to switch basemaps, select the On Device basemaps, and see your TPK.

Esri Education Team
LynneOuellette
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos