When is the NMEA bug on Android Collector going to be fixed?

07-06-2017 02:12 PM
SteveTaylor7
New Contributor III

This was first reported 2 months ago to esri. All our newest Samsung S7s that run the latest version of Collector are now getting the NMEA warning and intermittently failing to get a location fix.  Only remedy is to flick out the app to completely close it and reopen.  Very frustrating for our Rangers and other field staff.

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Steve,

What is the specific model number for the devices in use? 

List of Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Model Numbers | TechBeasts 

I recall not being able to reproduce this issue with a galaxy S7. Please provide your current location settings for the android device itself and how long it takes for a location to drop. Also ensure that Android and Collector are up to date. Are your devices using the same carrier(Telus, Optus, Vodafone, etc)?

Turn location on or off for your device - Nexus Help 

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor7
New Contributor III

Hello Dan

We get the NMEA warning and occasional the integrated receiver bug on SM-G935F variant of S7 edge.  Also on the S7s. Collector version 17.0.2 build 1028. Android 7.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Steve,

Thank you for that information. Can you also see if the location drops when you also test the "Battery Saving" and "Device Only" location modes?

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor7
New Contributor III

Hi Dan

Could not get location better than 1200m on battery saving but no NMEA warning. On device only got a NMEA warning and a good location accuracy of 3m.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Steve,

The location didn't drop at all during those tests?

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor7
New Contributor III

It got a location. But interestingly I just opened Collector and could not get a location. I had been using the app earlier in the day. I flicked the app out and got the NMEA warning and got a location.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor7
New Contributor III

Latest update 17.0.3 has fixed this. Thank you.

0 Kudos