View Attachments in Collector

Jump to solution
02-22-2019 01:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In Collector for ArcGIS (Aurora, not Classic) can a user view attachments on their iOS mobile device for features/photos they've already submitted?

I believe this was possible with Classic, but I'm tapping around Collector for ArcGIS and the only way I seem to be able to view a feature's attachment is by selecting the feature and tapping Edit... if I tap Edit then I can access the photo attachment for the feature. But this is not ideal for us.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious, and that a user can view feature attachments (on the mobile device) without tapping Edit. Thanks for any guidance on this.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

George, your comment made me realize I hadn't fully configured the pop-up to "show attachments as links". Now that I've done that it's obvious how to view attachments on the device -- thanks for the hint!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

if you click on the point you have collected dont you see "Attached" in pop up Next to Details

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

George, your comment made me realize I hadn't fully configured the pop-up to "show attachments as links". Now that I've done that it's obvious how to view attachments on the device -- thanks for the hint!

ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

That was the ticket.  Not sure if Collector Classic automatically enables attachment viewing, but for the non-classic version, it needs to be enabled.  I enabled this functionality in Map Viewer on ArcGIS Online (not Classic).  Just saying, it can be achieved in the newer Map Viewer pretty nicely.  

0 Kudos