Verision naming when working offline with Collector for GIS

03-02-2016 09:25 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

When working offline using Collector for GIS we have been using the "Create a version" for each download under sync capabilities, and that has been fine but for what ever reason i can not figure out how to configure server so that i get the naming in the following format <name>_<feature service name>_<ID>, instead im getting the Esri_Anonymous_<feature service name>_<ID>

So how exactly do i configure Server to get the <name>_<feature service name>_<ID> currently User Store is Windows Domain and Role Store is ArcGIS Server Built In.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkLund
New Contributor III

Try securing your service.  We are doing that same process except creating a version per "user" and it shows up Esri_Anonymous in front of the feature service name unless your service is secured.

RandallClark2

Hmm...so that means i have to add some not only to AGOL but also the Server site, correct?

0 Kudos
MarkLund
New Contributor III

Correct.  We created a role in Server Manager for our field editors, then made that service "Private" only to selected users in that role.  So when users log into Collector for the first time to download the map they have to sign into AGOL first and then again to the secured service to download the map.  It's kind of annoying to sign in twice especially during the testing phase but it works.

RandallClark2

How are you managing user in server and AGOL?

Currently server is using our enterprise system , windows AD, for the users but AGOL is not.

So if i was going to start securing permissions, when some one first logs on to collector then would have to use an AGOL account and then enter the AD account which would be to many passwords and names to remember.

0 Kudos
MarkLund
New Contributor III

That's how we are doing it.  We have a generic user for AGOL like "WaterUser" with a basic password that will be shared by like 8 guys.  Then in Server it is using our windows AD credentials.  I believe that ESRI is working on something in AGOL to allow you to use windows AD credentials there but I haven't heard if that is "active" now or not.  Ideally we will switch to that setup when it's ready so users don't need multiple passwords.  We have the same guys using the same devices as much as possible so then they really don't have to sign in/out very often.

0 Kudos