Urgent - bug with Collector 10.4.0.0 on Windows: Photo attachments

09-08-2016 07:06 PM
NickShannon1
New Contributor

The Collector app (10.4.0.0) on Windows 10 does not attach photos from the camera.  While I can take a photo from the camera window, the 'tick' button remains greyed out and the 'waiting' window just hangs. 

I've now tried the Collector app on four different Surface Pro 4 devices & all experience the same bug. 

I can attach photos and documents via the 'folder' button. 

Please let me know if this is a known bug & when it will be fixed. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once you sign in to Collector, click on the burger button on the top left (three lines) and click "Settings". After you click settings, click "About". This will show you the version of Collector you are on. If you are on 10.4.0, please go to the Windows Store and upgrade the Collector application.

0 Kudos
AndrewMacKay2
New Contributor II

10.4.1.0 so is the most recent version, just to test I have loaded up a simple survey 123 form this activates the camera correctly, and has the ability to switch between front and back cameras. 

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew-

What version of Windows are you running?  We've tested on a Surface Pro 4 and haven't seen any issues with the camera.

You can type winver from a command prompt to get the info.  

0 Kudos
AndrewMacKay2
New Contributor II

Windows 10 V1511 Build 10586.753

Users do NOT have admin rights on the device. 

BTW is there an other way accessing the Collector App, we deploy via Microsoft Systems Center, users do not have access to the store.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Andrew-

There were a number of Windows updates since 1511 (that release is from November 2015).  I'd recommend updating Windows to a more recent version or checking for driver updates, there were a number of issues that Microsoft resolved related to the camera in the first half of 2016.

Here's a blog post that we recently published that describe the variety of methods you can use to deploy Collector (including SCCM) -  Deploying Collector for ArcGIS without the Windows Store | ArcGIS Blog 

0 Kudos
AndrewMacKay2
New Contributor II

Thanks Doug. 

will need to hassle the network guys to get the updates pushed to the devices. 

0 Kudos