Untrusted host error message - Android Collector for ArcGIS

07-02-2020 01:07 AM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Some of our Rangers are getting an untrusted host error message (see attached). And if you select trust it just throws up the error message again.  You can flick the app out and on most occasions it opens again and works fine.

Running Android 10 with latest updates on a Samsung S20+ and latest Collector for ArcGIS 20.2.1 Build 2956.

Any ideas what is going on?

43 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you use bluetooth device with Samsung S20+? Connection state change can potentially trigger this. One thing we are aware of is bluetooth keyboard. 

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Hello Miaogeng

The problem is occurring in the field on the mobile device away from any other bluetooth devices.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Derek LawColin Lawrence‌ - see above 

0 Kudos
NathanSteeves1
New Contributor II

I am getting the same message with a Samsung Tablet Active2.  Just started happening today after weeks with no issues. I re-installed Collector and it seems to have gone away. 

BrettHowland
New Contributor

I am getting this error repeatedly when in low reception areas and it is making Collector unusable. Can I solution be provided urgently? Note this appears to be an issue of the new Collector version and not the user. 

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Three ways to deal with. 

1) Ignore it by flicking out app and reopen app

2) If 1) does not work uninstall and reinstall app.

3) If still an issue set up off line maps and use off line

Just tested two devices and could not get the error, but I do understand it is one of those intermittent issues.

0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

This is happening with offline mode as well.

When using a map in Collector version 20.2 on an Android tablet (Samsung Tab S2)  I intermittently get the following error.  

Untrusted Host
https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer
This server could not prove itself; its security certificate is not trusted by your OS.  Would you like to continue anyway?

To close the error I have to tell it to trust it about 20 times.  Then a few minutes later the error will pop up again.  I also got this error on my Motorola phone on Android 10.  Some of my students also get the error with this map.

MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Tyler, you mentioned it happened at offline mode too. Is the basemap link at untrusted hosted message the same as basemap used at offline map? 

0 Kudos
TylerLarson
New Contributor III

Correct, the world topo map.