Unable to view related Tables in Collector

02-02-2017 11:35 AM
williamsalling
New Contributor II

We are running server 10.4.1 with portal.  not Federated.  using collector we can add new items to a related feature class, but we are not able to view any of them with collector.  We see all of them in ArcMAP.

We receive this: Error Unable to retrieve information, please check connection.

Like I said we can add new items to it, but cannot view any of them or existing ones from collector.

Please help?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
williamsalling
New Contributor II

Correct

Bill Salling

Cell (713) 865-0640<tel:(713)%20865-0640>

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi William,

What type of DBMS are you working with? i.e. PostgreSQL, etc. Are you using the built-in ArcGIS Data Store with Portal?

Thank you.

-Kevin

0 Kudos
williamsalling
New Contributor II

No data store yet. They are not federated either. Sqlserver.

Bill Salling

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi William,

Based on our conversation, everything appears to be configured correctly, and nothing stands out to me as being an obvious problem.

Therefore in order to proceed further, if you have Technical Support maintenance, I would recommend to submit a case regarding this issue. That way they can look at your data and portal/server configuration more closely, outside of a public forum, to see if any issues are revealed.

If you submit a case with Technical Support, please include the link to our GeoNet conversation so that the analyst you work with already has the background information and should help move the issue along more quickly.

The contact info for Technical Support is at the bottom of Esri Support Esri Support Services 

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
williamsalling
New Contributor II

Thank you. I don't know if we have that or not. I will have to check.

Bill Salling

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi William,

Another possible way to try and narrow this issue down further, would be to publish your data to ArcGIS Online instead of portal. I understand that this isn't an ideal scenario and that you may not even be able to test this, but if you can and if it works, we would at least know that your data and relationship configuration is working successfully. You can then look at the portal side to narrow down further.

Also, I know you said you were at the latest version of Collector on iOS, but just to double-check the version should be 10.4.2. Please ensure that's the version listed in the About page in Collector.

Thank you.

-Kevin

0 Kudos
williamsalling
New Contributor II

We don't have GIS online setup. But did check the version at 10.4.2.

I will contact tech support, we do have the support plan.

Thank you again.

Bill Salling

0 Kudos
KristaHeinrich2
New Contributor III

Hi Bill,

Was tech support able to find a solution for this? I have the same set up as you - am also using collector ios 10.4.2 with portal 10.4.1, not federated, versioned data, no data store and sql server db. I did test my initial set up in ArcGIS online and everything worked well. it is only now that i have switched to portal that i appear to be getting the connection error. 

Was your portal internal or public? - i have also tested this on an android device with the same error - 'unable to retrieve information, pls check connection.

Any info you could provide would be much appreciated!

Krista

0 Kudos
williamsalling
New Contributor II

Short answer No.  But once we Federated the database we were able to see them.  But that just opened other issues we have to deal with.

KristaHeinrich2
New Contributor III

Well that's unfortunate but good to know. Really appreciate your quick reply.