Unable to select or edit existing features in Collector

06-22-2021 10:57 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

Sporadically and suddenly it becomes impossible to select features in Collector, thus also preventing being able to edit them. We're using iPads and even after ensuring everything was updated it still happens. This is so frustrating and really messes with our field work, especially because we have no idea when it will happen or why. Is this a known bug or something on my end?

Tags (3)
6 Replies
PaulLong
New Contributor II

We have that happen also. Are you collecting connected to cellular or disconnected. Are you in an Enterprise setup with a backend service supplying your web map features?

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

We collect while connected to cellular and do not have Enterprise.

0 Kudos
SusanRomano
New Contributor

We had similar issues, and then realized that ESRI has moved on to Field Maps and does not support (at least not very well) Collector anymore.  Try Field Maps.  It's basically the same with a few upgrades.  

PaulLong
New Contributor II

Definitely go to Field Maps if you were using the New Collector. But Field Maps will NOT function on an ipadt that doesn't upgrade past v 13.0 IOS. Also it does run a lot better on an iPAD Pro than on any other iPAD. That's a good price jump. We've been running it on a 12.9" ipad, but the thing constantly overheats and we need to run external batery packs to get a full days work. We are going to get another 11" iPAD Pro to hopefully make it more useable and lighter to haul around all day. We have found that also sometimes for no reason the new "Snapping" capability of lines to points and points to line vertices just stops working for some reason and we have to refresh the map or log out and thne back in.

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

I have actually tried using it in Field Maps, both on iOS and Android, and still run into the same problem with this one feature class. I am using domains and subtypes in it so I wonder if perhaps that might have something to do with it, but I'm really at a loss. 

0 Kudos
JustinYim
New Contributor

Hi Christina - I had a similar problem with Field Maps. Try enabling pop-up on the map itself (rather than at the Field Maps / Collector App). That might solve the problem, at least it did for me with Field Maps. 

0 Kudos