Unable to Open Map "Invalid call with current token type"

12-24-2018 09:42 AM
KristalMclean
New Contributor II

Collector for ArcGIS on iPad

Unable to Open Map "Invalid call with current token type"

Trying to open existing map created in ArcGIS Online.  Using a global account to log in to Collector for ArcGIS and am not able to load map.  Tested the same map using Collector Classic and have no issues loading the map.  I have tested loading different maps created the same way and have had no issues loading them in Collector for ArcGIS.  I have checked and updated sharing permissions and nothing has been changed on the ArcGIS Online side of things that would usually prevent a map from loading properly.  

What am I missing? Thoughts?

27 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the info. Once i made a copy of the feature in the web map and deleted the original feature, it was all good. Sounds like it just got a bit out of whack when i changed the pop-up settings. The issue is already resolved for me. Just a bit hairy for a moment there as i have people in the field using that map. We are using Explorer on iOS.

Thanks,

Jamie.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also experienced this issue today. I am running the latest versions of iOS 13.6 on an iPhone 11, Collector for ArcGIS v20.2.2 build 2847, and ArcGIS Field Maps v20.1.0 build 61.

Below are the events that caused and fixed this bug in my scenario in hopes that this may help someone with the same issue in the future:

• Yesterday: The web map opened in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) normally
  • Today: I edited the popup configuration of three editable hosted feature layers
  • Today: The web map would not open in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) or the Field Maps for ArcGIS beta (iOS) and gave the error message 'Unable to Open Map "invalid call with current token type"'
    • I checked the Logs (Profile > Troubleshooting > Logs) and each time I tried to open the map this log was recorded: "[OFFLINE] Current user's map folder: my.username@organizationID
  • Today: I edited the web map to remove all existing layers and readd them using their Service URLs in the "Add Layer from Web" workflow instead of readding them by browsing ArcGIS Online content in the "Search for Layers" workflow
  • Today: The web map opened successfully in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) or the Field Maps for ArcGIS beta (iOS)
  • Today: I edited the popup configuration of three editable hosted feature layers (added via URLs) 
  • Today: The web map still opened successfully in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) or the Field Maps for ArcGIS beta (iOS)

So this bug unfortunately still seems to be present in the current versions of these softwares.

MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @KristalMclean ,

Although this is an old post but since other users has reported the same issue, I wanted to share an update here that may help identifying the issue. 

If you have a date field with certain formats in the pop up for a layer in your web map, you may get an error ('invalid call with current token type') when trying to open the map in New Collector and Field Maps while it works fine in Collector Classic. 

3.jpg

One example is the following format:

• "datePattern": "MMMM d, y"

You can check the format of your date fields in the pop ups by looking at the JSON for the web map using AGO Assistant. If you saw a format like what mentioned above, you can change it to "dateFormat": "shortDateLongTime" to resolve the issue.

1.jpg2.jpg

Alternatively, you can pen popup configuration > Configure Attributes > change the display format for your date field and save the map.

4.jpg

A bug has been logged against this behavior:

• Synopsis: Opening a web map in new Collector and Field Maps app fails with error 'invalid call with current token type' when the map contains a layer with a date field with a date format "datePattern": "MMMM d, y"

All the best,

MJ

0 Kudos
TanyaBagley-Online
New Contributor III

I have tried your solution and it still does not work for me. 

So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @TanyaBagley-Online,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. This error may have other causes. However, in order to rule out the wrong date format, can you make sure that all date fields in your feature layer has the proper format? Also, you can try the following:

1. Create a new map from the same feature layer.
  2. Publish your data as a new feature service.
  3. In the new layer published in step 2, you can remove fields one at a time and re-save your map to see if the issue is caused by any of your fields. 

If possible, please share your data with me so I can run some more testing on my end.

All the best,

MJ

0 Kudos
JamesReed2
New Contributor II

Will the app be updated to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JamesReed2 ,

I'm not sure if it gets fixed in the coming update of the Field Maps app but in the meantime, you can work around this issue by changing the date format. 

If you don't mind, can you please share more details about how you originally published your data. We are trying to identify the source of the date fields with this format.

Thanks,

MJ

0 Kudos
EmilySpeck
New Contributor III

For the map we are currently using, we had the same issue. Found out the feature points that are on the map were the issue. I found what I had to do was save the feature points as a layer. That seemed to solve the issue. Map is currently able to load on all mobile devices. 

0 Kudos