Unable to Open Map "Invalid call with current token type"

12-24-2018 09:42 AM
KristalMclean
New Contributor II

Collector for ArcGIS on iPad

Unable to Open Map "Invalid call with current token type"

Trying to open existing map created in ArcGIS Online.  Using a global account to log in to Collector for ArcGIS and am not able to load map.  Tested the same map using Collector Classic and have no issues loading the map.  I have tested loading different maps created the same way and have had no issues loading them in Collector for ArcGIS.  I have checked and updated sharing permissions and nothing has been changed on the ArcGIS Online side of things that would usually prevent a map from loading properly.  

What am I missing? Thoughts?

27 Replies
deleted-user-jxpbpbjlZInj
Occasional Contributor

Were you able to figure this out? We're also having the same issue. Additionally, we aren't able to download the pre-defined map areas. I've gone through documentation and I don't see any reason why these areas are unable to download.

MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

As Collector Aurora is fairly new, I would highly recommend creating a case with Esri Technical Support so that they can investigate this error.

Esri Support Contact Support 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-jxpbpbjlZInj
Occasional Contributor

So - My issue seemed to be somewhere in a Feature Class that was derived from Survey123. I took it out and then re-added it (as is) and it seemed to resolve the issue.

HOWEVER, then I was unable to click on the resulting S123 points in Collector to edit them (even though they were enabled for editing.) BUT, I could add a point straight from Collector. YET - the questions from S123 were showing up as barcode scan fields!

So now I have more questions than answers. I did talk to ESRI about it and they were unable to figure out the issue. I've updated them as well on these recent "findings"

0 Kudos
JoelCarranza2
New Contributor II

I had a similar scenario, however, in my case, the map was working just fine until I configured the pop-up contents. Very weird. I wish I could leave the pop-up contents unchanged so that we could use the new app.

0 Kudos
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

We're getting the same behavior - no longer able to open a shared map in Collector that hasn't had sharing changed. We also noticed that we can't select and edit collected points in the map.

We had been using the new version of Collector for iOS, and Collector Classic on Android, and it was working in iOS but had the known issues in Android. We downloaded Collector Beta for Android and began testing that around the time these error began.

If anyone solves this - please post!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing as many of you. Created a new view from the exact same Feature Layer (Hosted) that I use on several other occasions and at first, it wouldn't open the map with an prompt "Invalid token". Then eventually it did work... kinda. you couldn't click on the features or access them in any way in Collector.

..aaaaand it all works perfectly in Classic. I wish this wasn't happening before data collection season this week, but at least we still have classic

0 Kudos
AaronCraig2
Occasional Contributor

Just started seeing this behavior in Collector now with a map that was working. Same map is working in classic.

I did add views to the map, I suspect Aurora does not like hosted feature service view layers...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went back to my original data (spreadsheets with x/y for point features) and recreated the feature, map,  and relationships (we use related tables) and some of the views and it works fine. the only difference is i didn't add the attachments, so:

1. either the attachments are throwing it off

2. I created all the other maps/views during a time of a very different build for Collector (Beta name: Aurora) that can no longer understand them and since Classic hasn't been changed really, that's probably why it still works in Classic?

Sidenote: I also found out that none of the views i made during that time will work for offline collection, of any sort (ad hoc/pre-planned), so in our rural areas, its basically useless right now. 

AmberConverse
New Contributor II

We experienced this same issue (and saw the same error) using Collector.  We originally published the data for use in the new Collector, and everything appeared to be working fine.  However, in the last stages before sending folks into the field, we added a new field to the hosted feature layer.  At this point, the layer stopped working in the new Collector, and eventually, the entire map just failed to load .  We were able to open things and edit features using the classic/old Collector.

Ultimately, we republished the dataset from the original source data (adding in the new field prior to publishing).  Everything now works in the new version of Collector.  

0 Kudos