Unable to download maps in Collector for ArcGIS Online

11-15-2018 12:50 AM
NicoSpliethof
New Contributor

Users in my organisation cannot download any maps today (maps which were previously able to do so). The problem suddenly occured this morning and the error we are receiving are all pointing to "Connection timed out". The maps are available online.

Anyone else having this trouble? Are servers perhaps offline (even though they are online according to ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard ?)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jkarmon
New Contributor III

Uh oh....hope this wasn't a bad day for me to first try to test Collector for ArcGIS download/sync!  My first map is configured for offline storage, but when I click the "Download" button, the download hangs at about 80%.  No errors shown.  After waiting a while (nearly a half hour), and the mobile device still indicates that a file is downloading, Collector says that the map has downloaded and offers the "Sync" option.  When I try to open the map, I receive the following error "Map Opening Failed...The basemap for this offline map was not found.  If you're storing the TPK's on an SDCARD, make sure it is currently inserted."  Is there an issue with caching the ArcGIS Online provided imagery basemap?

0 Kudos
NicoSpliethof
New Contributor

The same is happening here, however after quite some time the error shows. Either "Connection timed out" or "Connection to https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com refused" shows up.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

My crews are receiving the same error. Either that error or just completely does not load.

Some clarification on the cause of this issue would be nice.

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same issue with crews in the field being unable to download maps.  It looks like AGO is functioning so it may be a Collector issue.  Hope ESRI responds to this thread soon.  

0 Kudos
BarryBiediger
New Contributor III

We are having the same issue--with some frustrated people in the field.

0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

Please contact Esri Support Esri Support Home  to help troubleshoot this issue. 

Cheers,
Denise

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Can someone at ESRI please test and see if they are experiencing the same issue? This is not a usual sync error.

I have tested on 4 different web-maps that have been working fine for months until today.

BarryBiediger
New Contributor III

I can now download. It would be good to know what the issue was.

AW_Grove
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if this is related or not, but all of our field users had issues starting October 30th when the last Collector for Android update occurred. After resigning into Collector the issues were resolved and they were able to work offline again.

0 Kudos