Unable to Download Areas for Offline Editing in Collector

10-01-2020 09:22 AM
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

I am currently trying to use disconnected/offline editing with Collector via editable layers published thru my organizational Portal.  I've read thru some of the ESRI docs on preparing data for offline editing and preparing maps for offline editing.  My data is registered as versioned; editing capabilities are all checked on when publishing; I add the feature layer to a Portal WebMap; the WebMap has the "use in Collector" checkbox checked on under the settings.  However, when I open Collector (Windows Desktop or iPad) and click on the 3-dot ellipsis next to the map, only the "details" option is available.  There is no longer a "download area" option.  I haven't attempted to do this in maybe 8 months or so but the last time I tried, I had no problem downloading an area for offline editing.  The only change I'm aware of is our server and Portal upgrade to 10.8.1 recently.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi, Christopher, 

Are you able to use offline map on 10.8.1 portal now? 

For feature services you need to enable the sync capability. For web map, it also has offline settings. 

Rui

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

Hi Rui,

I am not able to download offline areas in Collector from WebMaps created in Portal 10.8.1.  The feature services all have sync enabled and the WebMap settings have the "Use in ArcGIS Collector" checkbox checked on.  As I previously noted, I hadn't tried doing this since earlier in the year and did not have a problem at that time.  I'm having the same issue for any published service and any WebMap I attempt to prepare an offline area for in Collector.

Thanks for the response,

- Chris

0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

What about the basemap used in the map? The default Esri basemaps included in your portal are not enabled for offline use. 

Thanks,

Rui

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

Rui,

I did a test using my organization's own published aerial image service as the basemap instead of one of the default ESRI basemaps with the same result.  I have though used the default 'topographic' basemap in the past while downloading an offline area with no problems.

Thanks,

- Chris

0 Kudos
BJ
by
New Contributor

i have the same issue, use only ESRI basemaps in collector fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering

Hello.  I have WebMaps that use only the ESRI Topographic basemap and still do not have to option to download offline areas.  If you look at my initial post, I described the process I went thru.  Is there anything else you did that I may have missed?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Since the services are on portal/server and you did an update recently, it may be easier to pinpoint the problem if our Tech Support staff can take a look at the service on your portal via screen sharing. 

Thanks, 

Rui

0 Kudos