Triggers in Collector/ArcGIS Online?

01-07-2016 07:24 AM
DawnPatrick-Brown
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a connection that will send a message/email to someone if an item is added to a Collector map that is sitting on our ArcGIS Online account. I have taken a look around, and see that there are some items you can use on servers, but I cannot find any information about this sort of thing being done with ArcGIS Online. Does anyone know whether it is possible to set up a trigger in ArcGIS Online? I am quite new to Collector and ArcGIS Online, so if you do know of something that might help, if you could explain it "for a newbie", I would really appreciate it!

Thanks 😃

18 Replies
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

We checked. It is.

Thanks,

--gary

Gary H. Bowles

GIS Database Administrator II | Seneca Resources

Office : 412-548-2544 | Cell Phone: 412-334-5273

0 Kudos
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

Doug,

When I pull in a feature service from AGO using data driven pages, the dynamic attributes display the coded value domain rather than the domain description. I have domainlookup ="true" but it still shows the coded value. Have you found a workaround to this?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is a known bug that I logged.  It does it in the attribute table also.  They fixed the table in 10.5 but I do not think they fixed the layout part yet.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Topic discussed in: domain values showing not domain description.  Per the discussion, you might check your feature's JSON file.

0 Kudos
TL2
by

Has anyone figured out how to include images or attachments (signatures) in a geoevent email or using the ddp method above.  

It seems like you can access the attachments through the HFS Rest end point but it is proving very difficult to automate that process as there is no way of predicting or confirming the AttachmentID.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For the ddp solution in layout view in ArcMap add a picture.  Give it a dummy pic then go into its properties.  At the bottom you will see a DDP page field.  Give it the name of the field from Survey123.  I use it for signatures no problem so far.  

DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Another possible route to respond immediately to edits made to a given feature service would be to use the Geoevent Extension for Server.  These triggers could also be spatial as we as attribute event-based.  This would allow you to respond to an edit, etc. and perform a variety of actions, including sending emails, texts or similar.  For more information: What is ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server?—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.4.1) | ArcGIS for... 

-Doug

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

We use About extending services—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server  with our in-house installation. Unsure if / how it works on AGO.

PS there is a bug at 10.4.1 and below with SOIs that causes going offline to fail.

This is scheduled to be fixed in 10.5

0 Kudos
DebsGray
New Contributor III

Is it possible to create an autoresponse that emails individual survey respondents after survey submission?