The tiles of the basemap cannot be downloaded due to a security issue while the service is not secured.

Jump to solution
09-20-2015 12:43 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

The tiles of the basemap cannot be downloaded due to a security issue while the service is not secured.

Despite the fact that the basemap was shared with everybody on the ArcGIS Online (AGOL), the ArcGIS collector is unable to download the map to be used offline and displays the following message “the map failed to download with the message: Unauthorized access to a secure service“. It seems that there is a security issue that prevents the tiles to be downloaded to the device. What might be the source of it.

1.png

2.png

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks,

Ahmad Saleh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ahmad,

I have seen similar issue before. For the issue I saw, it happens to the host tile service shared to public. If the host tile service is shared to Org only or Group only, it works fine. iOS Collector doesn't have this issue. Can you try to share to Org instead of everyone?

-Morgan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is suspect that your organization doesn't allow sharing with the public.  See

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/manage-hosted-layers.htm#GUID-DEDF41A7-2A01-4297-8...

If your organization has configured its subscription to prohibit sharing items outside your network, the option to share with everyone will not make your item visible to the public.

And this on site settings

in this section

Configure any of the following security settings:

Check Members can share content outside the organization.

• If you restrict members to sharing only within the organization,

Check Members can share content outside the organization.

If you restrict members to sharing only within the organization, they will not be able to share their profile, web apps, and other items with the public or embed their maps or groups in websites. Social media buttons are also disabled. Administrators can still share members' items with the public. For example, administrators can make a member's map public and embed it in a website.

If you've disabled anonymous access to your organization, you can share maps, apps, and groups by sharing the item with everyone (public) and changing the URL of the item from your organization's private URL to the public ArcGIS Online URL (www.arcgis.com). For example, you could share one of your organization's maps with anonymous users by changing the URL from http://samplegis.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=fb39737f95a74b009e94d2274d44fd55 to http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=fb39737f95a74b009e94d2274d44fd55

So in short, find out what the settings are of the site and configure appropriately

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Dear Dan,

Thanks for the quick response but my organization allows sharing with the public, also I am using the administrators account to login to the ArcGIS collector and even the administrator cannot download the map

Clip.jpg

Regards,

Ahmad Saleh

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ok...different story, just wanted to check since our organization limits 'public' to mean internally public

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Dear Dan,

Almost I found the bottle neck, but still don’t know how to fix it. Have a look at the following screenshot, how can I change the access to not secure, it’s really weird!

Clip_2.jpg

Sincere thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

sorry I don't know, I don't run the server side of our org.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Is the owner of the service and the map seeing this issue or is it other members in the org?

Russ

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Hi Russell,

The owner of the map is the Administrator and he can see the map but he cannot download the map using the collector! the admin can see the following screenshot after he login

Clip_2.jpg

I didn't know from where the secured access property was gained to this service.

thanks

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ahmad,

I have seen similar issue before. For the issue I saw, it happens to the host tile service shared to public. If the host tile service is shared to Org only or Group only, it works fine. iOS Collector doesn't have this issue. Can you try to share to Org instead of everyone?

-Morgan

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1

Thanks Morhgan,

During testing I reached to this point if the map was shared with the ORG or the group only it will work fie otherwise it wont. I have reported this issue to esri as unexpected behavior and I am waiting for their answer.

Thanks a lot

Ahmad

0 Kudos