The Map Failed to Download - Connection Refused

04-20-2018 11:16 AM
PatrickFilyer
Occasional Contributor II

Users are experiencing the following error while trying to download a map on collector: 

Connection to https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/ refused. 

Android devices are experiencing this error. 

Maps contains tiles and feature layers hosted on AGOL. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Are you still able to reproduce this error? I also received this error and did some searching which pointed me here. 

Upon attempting to download the map again, it worked. My guess is that it was a time-out issue due to the size of the basemap and/or network connectivity. If you are able to reproduce the issue still I would recommend submitting a Support ticket so we can track and troubleshoot the problem further.

Thanks!

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
PatrickFilyer

Hey Colin, 

Thanks for the response. We are still getting the error. I have submitted a ticket to support. 

I will report back with the results. 

Regards, 

Pat

0 Kudos
TomGraham1
New Contributor II

Hi Pat, did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Tom

PatrickFilyer

Hello Tom, 

I haven't really been able to solve this issue. However, I have learned that having a solid wifi or cellular connection does help. 

TomGraham1
New Contributor II

I've also raised a ticket with ESRI (been ignored after initial discussion), however I've found clearing the cache or in some cases re-installing the app has proven successfully for the most-part. Like yourself I am no clearer on what the crux of the issue really is

Tom

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams3
New Contributor II

I had the same issue this morning (7/24/18) with an offsite WiFi connection. So, I came home and successfully downloaded the map, it was slow at the end, and I just touched the screen so it wouldn't time out.

I hope this helps.

Michelle