The latest mobile Collector App is not allowing us to click on point-type features in our web map?

04-01-2019 05:19 AM
deleted-user-N5t7ZPYyLvR4
New Contributor

For a few months now, a lot of our staff here that is charged with going out into the field to enter data through collector app has been having issues with clicking on all point-type features. I am honestly unsure what to tell them as it seems like a weird glitch in the software .... has this happened for anyone else?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Harry,

No problem with the latest version.

Have you checked whether the web map being used in this survey has the pop ups enabled for those points?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hey Pan GIS,

Yes, the pop-ups are enabled for the webmap. But clicking/touching the screen where any given point in this layers is located yields no action. They all display just fine, but absolutely nothing happens upon clicking on them .

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Harry,

are you the owner of the map?

If the owner logins and can get the popups then  it could be a sharing problem (I would check the webmap settings). 

Also you can test the same map on another OS. For istance I conveniently use the Windows version on my laptop so I don't lose my sight when I test the apps on my mobile.

So if they use iOS download another OS version and test. 

I did not get any problem with the latest version on Windows and Android.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Pan,

So actually, it's specifically one of the point layers that will not allow itself to be clicked on/edited. I checked the sharing settings and everything, and everything's correct and the editing capabilities for users are appropriate as well. Really not sure why this one layer is malfunctioning. 

0 Kudos