taking map offline when work area has features and attachments

06-18-2014 09:59 AM
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am connecting to our portal from Collector on my device. The offline editing seems to be working fine until I am trying to download a map and the work area has quite a few features. There are also photos attached to the features. If I zoomed to a work area without features then the download is working just fine. Is it possible that anything is wrong with the existing features or attachments? Please help.

Thanks,

Yi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using iOS or Android?
What errors are you seeing when you try to download the service?
Do you have archiving enabled on the feature class and the attachment table?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
We are using iOS. The error message shows:

Map Download Failed
Unable to download the map
The operation couldn't be completed
(AppFramework error 0)

Thanks,

Yi
0 Kudos
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
error message screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Yi
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Is there a way for us to test out this service and web map and we can debug this further?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
Hello Russ,

We got some sensitive data on it so it may not be convenient to do that. I did do some further tests. it seems to me that when we have more than maybe 5 or 6 photos attached to multiple features in the work area, the download would fail. If you can try that in your environment that would be great.

Thanks,

Yi
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
I cannot reproduce this issue on portals or hosted services. Its only happening when you are downloading an area that has features with attachments? Areas with features that have no attachments work?

Russ
0 Kudos
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
Yes, it's only happening when downloading an work area that has features with attachments. The attached photos are about 3 to 4 mb in size. When I attach about 5, 6, or more photos the problem start to happen. By the way, I tested adding that feature service in ArcMap and created a local copy for editing and it's working just fine.

Thanks,

Yi
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Create local copy is not the exact same as what the app is doing. Can you check that archiving is enabled on the attachment table?

Russ
0 Kudos
Yi-SzLin
New Contributor II
Yes, archiving has been enabled on the attachment tables.

Thanks,

Yi
0 Kudos