Sync doesn't sync?

01-21-2015 11:21 AM
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Server 10.3, ipad Air (iOS)

I have a service to which I can successfully add a new feature while disconnected.  Then, with connectivity restored, I sync.  The sync appears successful.  But the new feature is not written to the database.  A json query of the rest endpoint for its ID returns "no results," and the geometry is not present in the feature class.

Adding a feature to the same service while connected is successful.  So it appears to be related to the sync.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You might want to change server log setting to verbose or debug and get more details while sync

About specifying server log settings—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

Also, you can use Fiddler to capture the whole sync traffic in your iOS device http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/ConfigureForiOS

In those two ways, you might have interesting finding.

The logs say it worked just fine.  And the feature is still visible from the ipad.  But the feature is not in the database.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you see the feature in Portal webmap? Also, could you check if the new feature is within your download map extent?

0 Kudos

I don't have Portal.  I do have an ArcGIS Online Organizational account, and no, the feature is not there.  I also queried the REST endpoint, and the feature is not there.  It does not exist in the database, it only appears on the ipad, in the downloaded extent.  I even checked another web map, on the ipad, which uses the same feature service.  It isn't there, either.

0 Kudos