Survey 123 Links in collector not working on Android 11

Jump to solution
10-27-2020 07:13 AM
JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

Hi, I have a field in a feature service that has a hyperlink to open Survey 123 and add some information to the survey from Collector.  These links work in ArcGIS Online on Desktop, Collector in iOS, Collector Classic in Android 11, but do not work in Collector in Android 11. In Collector for Android 11 the hyperlink text shows up but not as a hyperlink.  I tried modifying the link to remove spaces/commas but it still does not show as a hyperlink. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do a custom pop up where I highlight text and make it a link.  I have never tried to pass text though just fields.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I just tested my Pixel 4 running Android 11 and all my 123 links work just fine in Collector.

0 Kudos
JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

Hm weird I have the same phone. Here's my link, does it look off? arcgis-survey123:///?itemID=bb4f358d24ba4622b6bac917ae504afb&field:Valve_ID=H7-V104&center=40.049992585,-76.422825076

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have 3 slashes instead of 2 after the 123 part.

0 Kudos
JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

hm. doesnt seem to matter in my case with two slashes.  the 3 slashes worked for the other apps and stuff.  are your links hardcoded in the fields or are they through the attribute expressions/custom popup?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do a custom pop up where I highlight text and make it a link.  I have never tried to pass text though just fields.

JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

nice. custom popup should be my ticket too then.  Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here are some samples - had to get into my other computer to get them

Link

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=a0bb4e6b6dff476d83333360a79fa8697&field:Office={Office}&field:PlotID={PlotID}&field:PlotKey={PlotKey}&field:LineLength={LineLength}

Pop up

Hope that helps

JohnDeLoretta3
New Contributor III

yep thanks, iIve done them before for a demo but I have since deleted it. I've had to revisit it and noticed the old hardcoded links weren't working anymore.

0 Kudos