Slow to download maps for disconnected editing

Jump to solution
06-10-2014 05:24 AM
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
Hi-

Has anyone else experienced the downloading of offline maps slowing down?  It seems that the speed at which our maps are downloading has slowed since the beginning of the project.  Where it used to take 10-15 minutes it is now taking over an hour.  We have recently changed the zoom detail, so maybe that is it?  It could also be our wifi as well...We are also running a hosted feature service and taking images at each point/polygon.  Any ideas or ways to speed up the downloading of maps would be great...we are running collector on an iPad Air.

Thanks!

-Jessica
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you are increasing the level of detail but keeping close to the same work extents you will see an increase in download times. The level of detail will greatly increase the size of the tpk and take longer to download.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you are increasing the level of detail but keeping close to the same work extents you will see an increase in download times. The level of detail will greatly increase the size of the tpk and take longer to download.

Russ
0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Russ!
That is what I thought, I just wanted to make sure.
I will instruct him to either pick a smaller area, or change the zoom level or both.
0 Kudos