Sign out from Collector app in Android device

Jump to solution
12-30-2014 02:26 AM
HaniDraidi
Occasional Contributor II

How can I sign out from the account that I am logged in in the collector app (on Android Device)?

Any help is appreciated

Hani,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Some devices with a dedicated "menu" hardware button don't show the overflow menu on the screen. Use the hardware "menu" button to see that menu.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III

You should be able to "Switch Account"  - instructions are at the link below:

Collect data—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

"If you already installed and logged in to the app, you can access the trial functionality by clicking Switch Account in the Map Gallery Overflow menu, then canceling with the device's back button to return to the initial screen for the app."

Thanks,

Luci

0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Thank you very much Luci,

I couldn't find the "switch user" button; the screenshots below are taken from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 mini. May you please show me where I can find it with screenshots?

Thank you again and Best Regards,

1.png2.png

3.png

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Some devices with a dedicated "menu" hardware button don't show the overflow menu on the screen. Use the hardware "menu" button to see that menu.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Thank you a lot Kylie for your valuable input,

You are right, the built-in menu button opens the options menu in which I can switch accounts!

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Great, I am glad you were able to find it!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
SarahCramb
New Contributor

Where in the world is this "hardware button"? The log out option shows on my personal iPhone 6 App, but my work phone is a Droid and has "refresh" in the "log out" place....What shall I do? Anyone have an inkling?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sarah -- The hardware button some Android phones have is a dedicated button that is part of the phone, not part of the app. If you are seeing "Refresh" on your Android at the top of the menu (which is where "sign out" is on iPhone) then I believe you are in the right menu. If you are logged in on the Android, you should see "Switch Account" lower in that same menu. This will get you to the steps from an earlier comment: "If you already installed and logged in to the app, you can access the trial functionality by clicking Switch Account in the Map Gallery Overflow menu, then canceling with the device's back button to return to the initial screen for the app."

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

This sounds way over-complicated. I have a Samsung Note 4, Android OS. I just installed Collector. Can you tell me how to sign out? I was able to sign in no problem, Collector works great. But, where is the Sign Out button or menu option? (the above thread has done nothing but confuse me)

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tim, sorry this has confused you! The option to sign out is part of the overflow menu when you are looking at your list of maps. However, on Android, how you access that menu depends on the device you are using.

• If your device has a button for menu on it (this is not part of the app, but part of your device) then you use that to access the overflow menu.
  • If your device doesn't have one, you should see an overflow button (the three dots) on the screen.

Open the overflow menu, and choose "switch account". To sign out instead of picking a different account, use the back button of your device to skip choosing a new account.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos