sideloading collector imagery basemap not working

08-31-2020 11:44 AM
JuliaSurkis
New Contributor II

I am trying to sideload an imagery basemap to collector via the Files app and nothing seems to be working. I have the correct file type (.tpk), it's pointing to where it should be, but I keep getting the error "Local Basemap Not Available." The tile packages are using Kreator with Esri world imagery (for export) at various extents and zoom levels but nothing has been successful. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

HI, Julia, 

Is this on Adroid devices? Whick folder on the device have you saved the tpk?

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I don't know if you resolved this but I recently came across the same issue. In my case I was adding my base map to the wrong folder. There is a com.esri.collector folder and a com.esri.arcgis.collector folder. It is the com.esri.collector that needs to be used. Easily confused!

0 Kudos
HeatherGDean
New Contributor II

Hi Julia, I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a resolution? 

@AnthonyJonesRSK, I don't see those folder names on my iOS device. Are you seeing those on a computer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Heather,

Sorry, I should have clarified that I was seeing those with an android device plugged into my pc. I'm not sure of the process on IOS. I know it used to be through iTunes but think it can be managed through a file browser app now.

Kind Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
HeatherGDean
New Contributor II

Ah! Thanks for the clarification Anthony.

0 Kudos
SarahLinn1
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue as well, was there ever a solution for this problem? After side loading a tile package using the Files app I received the local base map not available error too.

0 Kudos
HeatherGDean
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah, I was able to get it to work. My .tpk was loading to the wrong folder. If you're using an iOS device, you can view your folder content by searching for the Files app.