Search features in Collector

11-27-2019 06:51 AM
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

We have a map in Collector that we use for field work, and we have a few features that are supposed to be searchable by Facility ID. We can't seem to get it all working properly, though. We can search for water meters, for example, but not for hydrants, valves, or manholes. We have it all those layers as searchable in the webmap settings, so why is only one of them searchable?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MattD
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Chandler,

Just for clarification, does this facility ID meet the searchable prerequisites?

For a field to be searchable (and therefore appear in the drop-down menu), it must contain strings or integers and not use a coded domain. Integer fields only support the Equals condition. For the best search results, choose a field with unique values.

Does this issue occur in Collector for ArcGIS, Collector for ArcGIS classic or both?

0 Kudos
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

Yes, the facility ID meets the prerequisites. They're all unique values. This is in Collector for ArcGIS. We're not using classic, so I can't say whether it occurs there too or not.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you set the layer in the setting for the web map?  That is the only way I have got it to work.  Sounds like you did but just checking.

ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

Yes, we did. We have 4 layers that are searchable in the web map settings, but only the first one seems to be searchable in Collector. I removed all of them and added them back, and then they're all searchable in Collector, but only until they sync the offline map again. I don't know what's going on.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I had my reset and lose the layer all the time also.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share with me what you are doing here, and I can try to reproduce it. For example, you download a map area (do you define it, or is it defined as part of the map?) -- then searches work, until changes are sync'ed, and then searches no longer work on the same device? Do they still work on other devices for that map?

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos