Rotation symbols in ArcGIS Collector for Android (Offline)

06-15-2014 10:05 PM
MarkWisniewski
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have set up a photopoint monitoring layer in my webmap using a customised camera icon (living in southern hemisphere had to rotate it to display correctly) and enabled rotation symbols so you can see which way the photo was taken via a degrees field.

When I download the map via collector for Android it works fine for online use, but when I download the map and take it offline the symbols are no longer rotated.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you setting the rotation at the web map level or at the service level? Symbol rotation is not fully supported in our app today.

Russ
0 Kudos
RalphHaugerud
New Contributor

Russ-

For some geologists rotated symbols are rather important. When might they be enabled for offline use in Collector for Android?

MarkWisniewski
New Contributor III
Are you setting the rotation at the web map level or at the service level? Symbol rotation is not fully supported in our app today.

Russ

Hi Russ,

I set the rotation at the service level back in ArcMap before I pushed it up to ArcGIS Online. I then had to set the rotation symbol again in the web map. No worries if its not supported at the moment in Collector, at least it works in the web map.

Ernst
BrianShepard
Occasional Contributor

I'm hoping for a positive update to this post as I have the same need.  I need to display photo points and wildlife camera locations with rotation in Collector.  Rotation symbology was set in the web map and displays properly.  In Collector (not offline) all of the symbols are orientated north regardless of azimuth (rotation field).  Is rotation supported in Collector nearly 3 years later?