Reports for Collector inspections

04-08-2020 10:54 AM
DrewMahan
New Contributor

We need to create reports for field inspection and data collection (manhole inspections). What is the best process for creating PDF reports with photo attachments for individual asset inspections?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Sounds like the perfect application for Survey123 feature reports. Have you looked into those?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Drew,

Just to add onto what Katherine posted, here's another video

Survey123: Create Feature Reports - YouTube 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DrewMahan
New Contributor

We have used Survey123 in the past with the Feature Reports.  For this project we are using Collector with a client's existing web map and attaching photos to the assets on the map and collecting data through drop downs.  Looking for a way to create reports with photos for each inspection from that.

Thansk.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm...maybe this would help? I've never used this feature myself so I can't say for sure, but it seems like it would be useful.

Reports in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I also found this, which is a little out of date (2017) but seems interesting!

http://www.interwestgrp.com/files/SacGISUG/110817/Joanna_SacGISUserGroup_11082017.pdf  

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek