Related Tables in Collector

12-06-2016 08:40 AM
ShelbyTravers
New Contributor

I am creating a Collector app with two related tables: Camera and Camera Checks. They have a one to many relationship (one camera can be checked many times). I have used a GUID called CameraID that is indexed as my related field. I have created these tables in ArcMap for Desktop and then published them as a service along with other tables to AGOL. When I am in Collector I can add a camera and check that camera without a problem. However, Collector does not automatically populate my GUID field in either table. Is there a way to set up the app so this will automatically populate? Otherwise I'm not sure when looking at a camera check in the Camera Check table which Camera that it is associated with.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

HI Shelby - in your webmap have you made sure the GUID field in both your origin and destination tables is set both to display and be editable?

ShelbyTravers
New Contributor

Hi David, 

I figured it out, I ended up using a GlobalID as my primary key in my Camera table and a GUID field I had created called CameraID as the foreign key (located in the Camera Check table). To get this relationship to work I had to make sure I did not have a GlobalID field in my Camera Check table. It took me a while to figure out that I could only have the GlobalID in the primary table. Thanks for your help!

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm, I've never had a problem having both a GlobalID and a GUID in the destination table, but then I'm always using a relationship class....Are you defining a relationship class in an fgdb for your layer-table pair before hosting the data?