Related Tables in Collector for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
07-30-2015 11:46 PM
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a way to prevent users from editing the features while allowing them to edit the related tables?

When you create the feature layer in AGOL, if you only select "only allow editors to add attributes", you won't be able to add any records in the related table in Collector. you will end up selecting " " option, and disable editing for the layer in the webmap you are building, but your webmap won't be recognised by the collector, because you don't have an editable feature layer!!

So what should I do then?

It think it's quite common that you don't want the non-spatial people to mess up your authoritative spatial data while you still allow them to edit their own business data in the related table, is it right?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can disable editing on the parent features popup when you are authoring the web map. Then when you identify a feature the option to edit it will be disabled but the related records will still have the set editing capabilities.

Cheers

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can disable editing on the parent features popup when you are authoring the web map. Then when you identify a feature the option to edit it will be disabled but the related records will still have the set editing capabilities.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Russ.

It works, this is Great!

At the same time I am surprised, because I tried this a few weeks ago and it didn't work back then. that's why I mentioned "...disable editing for the layer in the webmap you are building, but your webmap won't be recognised by the collector..."

I am looking forward to more changes in editing function. currently, if I choose "" for the feature layer, I won't be able to add any records in the related tables. why do I need to update the attributes of my feature layer? I want to change the symbol of the feature once I finished the inspection for it. This is another subject anyway.Russell Roberts

Cheers

Simo

0 Kudos