Related Table in Collector not visible

Jump to solution
12-02-2020 09:12 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have a few layers set up (in the utility network schema) pulling from a SDE published service that has related tables set up as inspection tables.  In pro I can click on the feature and see the attribute and the related table attribute to that feature. Pro 2.6.3, Enterprise 10.8.1, Portal 10.8.1.

I want to be able for field crew to see the related tables (inspections) and add data.  However I can't get it to display in collector.  In my web map I have the enabled popups selected in all my layers and tables along with all the fields, but when I select the feature (hydrant) in Collector I only see the feature data and don't get any link of my related inspection table to see my existing data or the ability to add new data.

Is there something special that has to be checked when shared to a service in order to allow the editing and viewing in collector?  I found this article  https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000015422 about using the Global IDs and GUIDs as the relationship fields for collector.  Is this a requirement?  My relationship fields is base off two text fields.  The layer has an attribute rule to give it an unique number in its field so it is functioning properly when editing in Pro.  So will collector not work correctly if my relationship is not based off the Global IDs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello @LindseyStone ,

You are correct it is recommend to use a GlobalID field for the primary key in a relationship class. As the tech article mentions you could then use a GUID field for the foreign key. This ensures the relationship is maintained with unique values generated for the GlobalID & GUID fields.

You may be able to achieve the same results with attribute rules. Do the attribute rules generate a unique value when creating a new records through the feature service? You may want to test with using GlobalID & GUID's to see if it effect behavior in collector. 

Thanks,

Thomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello @LindseyStone ,

You are correct it is recommend to use a GlobalID field for the primary key in a relationship class. As the tech article mentions you could then use a GUID field for the foreign key. This ensures the relationship is maintained with unique values generated for the GlobalID & GUID fields.

You may be able to achieve the same results with attribute rules. Do the attribute rules generate a unique value when creating a new records through the feature service? You may want to test with using GlobalID & GUID's to see if it effect behavior in collector. 

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
PaulLohr

Lindsey,

Have you tried using Collector Classic? I am experiencing a similar issue with the newer version of Collector (not classic). Version number is 20.2.4.  This is running on iOS 13.7.

It may be an unwritten requirement to use Global IDs, else the newer version of Collector may ignore your relationships. This is my speculation. Article number 000015422 says 'suggested' but not 'required'.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

I went ahead and modified my database to use the Global IDs and GUIDs fields as suggested and it working now.

0 Kudos