Related records in Collector not generating related ID (GlobalID)

11-04-2020 04:48 PM
LeahClark
New Contributor III

I am using a Global ID field in a polygon feature class and a related table with a GUID field to relate it to. In ArcMap and in the Web app I have created, the GUID field is populated with the related ID (Global ID) on creation of a record in the table. However, in Collector when I create a related record, the GUID field in the related table is not populating with the Global ID. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

Yep, I suspect it's Esri BUG-000119781

We found this 1-2 years ago. If your map service contains multiple layers based on the same data source, but each layer uses a different definition query to symbolize it differently it will do this.

The workaround is to publish the service with one layer with no or only 1 definition query and copy/paste different layers in the Webmap in AGO and give each one different symbology there. It's possible it works better in Portal but I don't know for sure.

If this isn't how your map service is set up and it's still doing this, you might want to put in a ticket and let them know. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos