Related records error when submitting

Jump to solution
03-07-2019 12:46 PM
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

I get the attached error when trying to submit a related record with the new collector for arcgis.  This works fine in the classic collector.  The relationship is not built on a guid.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Is the foreign key an editable field? If so, this is a known issue and a defect has been written for it. If you manually remove the contents of that field and repopulate it with the same information, the related record should submit successfully.

BUG-000119842: Submitting related records fails with the error message, "The data type are incompati...

-Josh

View solution in original post

9 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Mark,

Can you give me a little more information about the relationship class? What types of fields (e.g. ObjectID, Long, Short, etc.) specifically is the relationship class built on?

-Josh

MarkYerington

The relationship class key field is the ObjectID, there are some number domains with text description, otherwise pretty normal.

Mark Yerington │GIS Manager│ GISP

Muscatine Area Geographic Information Consortium

c/o Muscatine Power & Water | 3205 Cedar Street | Muscatine, IA 52761

Office: 563.262.3316│Cell: 563.260.4525 Email: myerington@mpw.org│Web: magic-gis.com<https://magic-gis.com/>

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Is the foreign key an editable field? If so, this is a known issue and a defect has been written for it. If you manually remove the contents of that field and repopulate it with the same information, the related record should submit successfully.

BUG-000119842: Submitting related records fails with the error message, "The data type are incompati...

-Josh

JohanLagerkvist
New Contributor II

I get the same error - any thoughts on when this issue may be fixed?

//Johan

GIS-developer

Municipality of Karlstad

Sweden

MaudeSundborg
New Contributor

When will this bug be fixed? Manually entering the foreign key will certainly leed to errors... This is stopping us from using Collector for assets assessment directly on the field.

Is this bug occuring even if using a GlobalID field/foreign key?

0 Kudos
JohanLagerkvist
New Contributor II

This is not occuring when using GlobalID.

Since I didn't want to wait for an eventual future bug-fix I have gone through all our collector-solutions and made them based on GlobalID instead of ObjectID (stopped arcgis services, added GlobalID's on every feature dataset, rebuild the relationship-class and where we had existing related records based on objectID populated the new "REL_GLOBALID" with some nice logic in FME).

Yes this took som time and struggle and yes we obviuosly had som downtime for our users since I had to stop active ArcGIS services in order to free up the database from locks. But now we finally are over and uses the new collector.

//Johan

MarkYerington

Ok thanks for the bug report.  So I tried to make this not editable, but that doesn't seem to clear up the issue.  Guess I will just wait until it is fixed.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Did you rebuild the relationship class after you made that field uneditable? I'm not sure if this will solve the issue, but it's just a thought.

-Josh

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

This is our production database so if I need to do that it will have to happen after hours. I was thinking you were talking about editable in the web map popup. That is a pretty invasive workaround, I think this should be a software change not a complete database modification.

Mark Yerington │GIS Manager│ GISP

Muscatine Area Geographic Information Consortium

c/o Muscatine Power & Water | 3205 Cedar Street | Muscatine, IA 52761

Office: 563.262.3316│Cell: 563.260.4525 Email: myerington@mpw.org│Web: magic-gis.com<https://magic-gis.com/>