Please fix the Collector sync error that has suddenly appeared today

10-20-2019 07:36 PM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Is anyone else getting the Collector sync bug today (21st Oct Australian eastern time 1.16pm).  All our off-line edits won't sync.  This is a major problem, that we have not seen with Collector for a long time.   Re-attaching the off-line maps does not fix the sync error.  I have attached the two different sync error messages that appeared.  This sync error is preventing our remote area Rangers and Contractors from using Collector.  Can this matter please be escalated asap? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Seeing these messages, I would guess that something with your layer has changed. If that's not the case, I'd recommend calling Support and opening a case with them.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kylie, No changes from our end (I know not to change feature layers that have already been set up for off-line use). Good news is that Esri has fixed it, partially.  The status as of this morning:

- If you log onto Collector as the publisher of the feature layer you get a sync error on Android Collector (bad news) but not with Apple Aurora Collector (good news).

-The Android Collector sync error message says the publisher does not have permission to sync their own layer. Odd....

- Other Android Collector accounts that have been shared the feature layer can sync (good news)

- If you log onto ArcGIS on-line with the publisher log in using Chrome, then you cannot see layers you have published (bad news), whereas other user accounts who have the layer shared with them can see the layers (good news). This relates to the first point.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steve,

There's some issues with hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Online today, see this GeoNet thread:

https://community.esri.com/message/885967-re-outage?commentID=885967%23comment-885967 

Might be related and it is being investigated.

Hope this helps,

SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek, No changes from our end (I know not to change feature layers that have already been set up for off-line use). Good news is that Esri has partially fixed it, but there still is a significant problem for publisher accounts .  The status as of this morning:

- If you log onto Collector as the publisher of the feature layer you get a sync error on Android Collector (bad news) but not with Apple Aurora Collector (good news).

-The Android Collector sync error message says the publisher does not have permission to sync their own layer. Odd....

- Other Android Collector accounts that have been shared the feature layer can sync (good news)

- If you log onto ArcGIS on-line with the publisher log in using Chrome, then you cannot see layers you have published (bad news), whereas other user accounts who have the layer shared with them can see the layers (good news). This relates to the first point.

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

I had not heard back from customer care, so I tried some options to fix the permission sync error. And surprisingly the fix was easy. Follow steps below:

open Collector, manage accounts, remove your publisher account, completely close Collector - don’t leave it in the background, open Collector, add new account, sign back into your publisher account (you may also have to re-attach your off-line base map). Then you have permission as a publisher to sync your own layers again.