Offline Map Areas only display after creating a custom area

01-26-2021 05:28 AM
MacLeanR
New Contributor II

I and my team are experiencing a problem with a map set up for offline use in Collector.  I created preplanned Offline Map Areas through ArcGIS Online, they all packaged successfully and should be ready for use in Collector.  However, when the map is first opened, Collector treats the map as live and does not display any available offline areas.  Then, if a user creates a custom Offline Area through Collector, all of the preplanned areas display and can be downloaded.  This behavior happens for me (the map owner) as well as shared users.  The same thing happens in Field Maps.  Any thoughts on how to get the Map Areas to display from the start?

In Collector 20.2.2, iOS 14.3

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErikBruhn2
New Contributor

Hi! Did your ever found a solution for this? In my case the worklflow works as expected in AGOL, but using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 I have exactly the same problem as you.

0 Kudos
MacLeanR
New Contributor II

I'm afraid I never found a solution.  In the process of struggling with a corrupted view layer I created an entire replacement map and abandoned the map that was exhibiting this behavior.  Good luck!

0 Kudos