Offline collector fail

Jump to solution
03-19-2020 09:48 AM
SepheFox1
New Contributor III

Beyond frustrated trying to use collector for offline editing. Publishing feature service direct from the DEFAULT sde, and can view and edit in collector, but trying to add an offline area it tries and fails every time with the message "No offline areas". Server manager log says "Error executing tool. CreateFeatureServiceReplica Job ID: jc2c02e9384ac4742a6e0b3ba139266c3 : ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":500,"description":"Failed to create replica."} Failed to execute (Create Feature Service Replica)."

I was finally able to download an offline map area when I copied the feature classes I need into a standard gdb on the same server and published my feature service from that, but even then I get unknown sync error. Server log says "Error executing tool. SyncFeatureServiceReplica Job ID: j39af3c32d7204e2cbe5147b35c6ab965 : ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":400,"description":"DBMS table not found"} Failed to execute (Sync Feature Service Replica)."

We are using vpn to connect to our inside network on the mobile device.

We have made multiple calls to support over the last few weeks, and every time they insist we need some kind of software upgrade or patch. None of which has ever made the slightest difference except eat up our time.

What we have done:

Upgraded to ArcGIS 10.5.1

Installed and federated Portal

Applied various patches and updates

Not sure what other information will help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SepheFox1
New Contributor III

I wanted to follow up o this for others who may be struggling with the same issue.  While there may have been other initial problems that we had to work through, I'm embarrassed to say that the ultimate issue was that the subtype field for the feature layer in the mxd was not turned on  before sharing the service. In my defense, none of the esri support people caught that either, and I eventually figured it out through a methodical trial and error process.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Leighton0
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
SepheFox1
New Contributor III

I wanted to follow up o this for others who may be struggling with the same issue.  While there may have been other initial problems that we had to work through, I'm embarrassed to say that the ultimate issue was that the subtype field for the feature layer in the mxd was not turned on  before sharing the service. In my defense, none of the esri support people caught that either, and I eventually figured it out through a methodical trial and error process.