Offline Basemaps in Collector v19.0.1 (New Collector)

Jump to solution
06-07-2019 08:43 AM
MarcusVincent2
New Contributor II

Has anyone had success side-loading custom offline basemap packages to the latest version of Collector?

I have been able to achieve this on "Classic" for a while. When I side load a tile package in Itunes to the iPad now.... the 19.0.1 version of collector doesn't allow me to use it as a basemap source for an offline map download. This limits our area that can be downloaded for offline use. This is going to be a huge problem for us moving forward. We use the sideloaded map as an Offline Emergency map and that HAS to work in the new versions. Right now we're running Classic in conjunction with the new version....

Has anyone else had this issue or figured out a work-around?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks - I take it you mean this part

As part of authoring your map, specify a tile package to use for the offline basemap as part of the advanced offline options

I've just found that option - I'll test later - iPad gone flat and cable at home - pretty poor for IT Pro not to have cables lying around but new "clear desk" office means all that useful junk has been got rid of!

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, sorry if that link wasn't working right! It should have taken you to the section "Reference an on-device basemap" which has the info of how to set a TPK to use during download.

Ha I hear you! It's always when we finally clean something up or get rid of it that we find we need it. Let me know how it goes once the device is ready for you to test it.

Esri Education Team
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

Many thanks - that part is all OK - now I have to get the feature layers downloading (see https://community.esri.com/thread/239283-collector-classic-and-current-timeout-issue-on-download )

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Looks like you got that sorted, too!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos