Odd behavior with filtered layer in ArcGIS Collector

02-17-2021 06:46 AM
EdDempsey
New Contributor III

I have created a web map in ArcGIS Online for hydrant maintenance activities.   The map uses a hydrant layer, the first layer shown below, displayed by a "Flushing Complete" field with values of "Yes", "No" or "Followup Complete".   There is currently no filter applied to this layer.   The subsequent layers display hydrants from the same Feature Layer but using a filter to display hydrants that need maintenance, pumping or painting.   These filters are a simple "Yes" flag for the respective fields.   All works well in AGOL as shown below.

EdDempsey_0-1613572436816.png

When users view this map in ArcGIS Collector or Field Maps (I've only tested on Android, in my case I'm running it on a Samsung S10+), the unfiltered layer of all hydrants does not display correctly as shown below.   It seems as though it is applying the filter from the "Hydrant Needs Painting" layer.   Very odd behavior, has anyone seen this and if so, any insights into correcting it?

EdDempsey_1-1613573152462.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrettHeist
New Contributor III

Ed,

When you say "users view this map in ArcGIS Collector or Field Maps (I've only tested on Android, in my case I'm running it on a Samsung S10+)" does that mean the same thing is happening on other devices? Or has it only been observed on your device so far?

I just did a test of making copies of the same hosted feature layer and applying various filters to each and then viewing them in Collector (my device is a SamsungS9 - Andrioid Version 10) and didn't experience that behavior. 

Maybe you found a bug!?

EdDempsey
New Contributor III

Brett:

Thanks for the response.  So the behavior I described has now been confirmed on two Android 10 devices and and a iOS 14.4 iPad.  

Oddly enough, when opening the map in Collector Classic, it correctly displays the main Hydrant layer.  

If I don't hear any other tips, I may submit a support ticket.   Thanks again.

EdDempsey
New Contributor III

I can also now confirm the data displays correctly in Field Maps.  🤔

0 Kudos
BrettHeist
New Contributor III

That is odd! Well best of luck getting it figured out, will be curious to know what comes of it.

Thanks

0 Kudos